How to Apply
Rules of Entry
- Entry Form must be completed and attached with $5.00 fee to all entries.
- Each piece of art must have the artists name, phone, city of residence, medium and title of artwork on the back or on an index card attached to the back of the artwork.
- The artwork must be original in concept, design and execution.
- An entry must not have been entered in previous Buckhorn Art Competitions.
- Each artist may submit only one piece for the competition. It must have been completed within the past 12 months .
- Artwork must be framed, ready for hanging complete with wire, AND MUST NOT EXCEED A PERIMETER (120″) INCLUDING FRAME. Ensure the frame chosen is suitable for the competition and that your work is securely attached.
- Advertising, commercial, graphic digital art, installations and photography are not eligible.
- The competition organizers reserve the right to reject any entry for any reason and will, if above prerequisites are not met.
- The decisions of the judges are final.
REGISTRATION & FEES
Registration – dates and times
Registration drop off and pick-up is located at the Buckhorn Community Centre, 1782 Lakehurst Road, Buckhorn, Ontario, K0L 1J0 (for directions refer to mapquest,www.mapquest.ca or call (705) 657-1918).
- Sunday, August 13th, 2:00 to 5:00pm
- Monday, August 14th, 5:00 to 8:00pm
- Entries are to be picked up at the conclusion of the festival on Sunday, August 20th between 5:00 and 6:00pm. No exceptions or early pick-up.
- Ribbons and Awards announcement will occur on Sunday, August 20th at 4:30pm
Fee To help cover cost, we are charging a $5.00 entry fee for the Buckhorn Art Competition only. The Youth Art Display is a free program.
More information on webpage: Art Competition
Site last updated August 22, 2017 @ 4:35 pm; This content last updated July 20, 2017 @ 1:19 pm